Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WSS_UsageApplication proxy stopped

All of a sudden the web analytics reports on one of my development servers was not updating properly. I followed this http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff453926.aspx but could not find anything wrong. Then I noticed that the service application proxy to the usage application was in status "Stopped". Since there is no way of restarting application proxies in Central Administration my first thought was to remove Web Analytics from the farm and recreate it again. Luckily I found this blog post before I started tearing things down, http://tristanwatkins.com/index.php/fixing-the-usage-and-health-data-collection-sa/. I ran the following Power Shell commands and after that the application proxy was in status "Started" again:

PS> $sap = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy | where-object {$_.TypeName -eq “Usage and Health Data Collection Proxy”}
PS> $sap.Provision()

Yet another day in SharePoint paradise...

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. You saved my time. Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was helpful in the way that the best things are helpful - simple, to the point, and it WORKED.

    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete